[Xastir] Icon

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:59:10 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Dexter N Muir <dexy at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>    Your update will be eagerly awaited.
>
>    Meanwhile, my CVS build was working fine until reboot, then zilch I
> looked at permissions, and all seemed OK, but still nothing. Finally
> inspiration: ownership. The working system was post build, and had even
> picked up on the previous config - would it work run as root? Put a sudo in
> the desktop file Exec line, and voila! Had to re-configure, though.  How
> now to get it to run as _me_ (user) and recognise ~/.xastir files? Should
> there be a chown somewhere in the script so it will run as user post-build?
>
> ​I think you may have used the script I have provided to others for
compiling on the RPi.  There's nothing I am aware of in the way the script
installs Xastir that would require you to run Xastir as root.  In fact, I
am fairly sure that my own installation on the Pi was done using that
script, and I do not have to run Xastir as root.  So all I can say is I am
baffled by that requirement.  Other folks that have used the script did not
report back that they needed to run Xastir as root.

Are you using AX25 networking?

Lee - K5DAT