[Xastir] How to create DBFAWK

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jul 6 17:12:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:52:25 -0600
Skyler F <electricity440 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Look at http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:DBFAWK
> >

> Thanks for that page. I am stuck on building dbfinfo.
>
> "it's part of the shapelib "contrib" directory, you need to build it
> separately from shapelib)"
>
> I am in the contrib directory and now want to build dbfinfo. I don't
> see any .sh files or anything to easily install.
>
> How do I build dbfinfo?

I made my dbfawk files by my usual coding method
which is copy, edit and paste.

So I just took another dbfawk file and started modifying. I haven't
specifically used dbfinfo but opened the shp file with something like
qgis.
If you have a file like c5313_cartographiclines.dbf that goes with
c5313cartographiclines.shp
you can open the dbf file in gnumeric and use the column headers.
Liz
VK2XSE