[Xastir] UI-view Maps not working

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 7 10:43:11 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 08:34:51AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <electricity440 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>    Osm_tiled_mapnik loads and it shows that it downloads the tiles on the
>    bottom left, but I don't see anything on the screen other than worldhi. Is
>    there a specific location/zoom that I need to go to? I zoomed in a lot
>    too, and there is no difference, worldhi is the only imagery that I see.

I'm guessing that you also got the "colorspace != RGB" error on the console
even on this map.

I suspect you have a problem with your ImageMagick install.  See my last
email about that.

The solution to this *might* be to rebuild ImageMagick with different options,
but I don't know what those would be.  A better solution would be to install
GraphicsMagick instead.

GraphicsMagick is a fork of ImageMagick that puts stability of API very much
higher on the priority list than ImageMagick does --- IM tends to break things
randomly and without any regard to backwards compatibility.  They are more
bleeding edge as far as image processing algorithms and design, but for
our purposes stability is more valuable.