[Xastir] Openstreet maps offline?

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:43:49 EDT 2015

Is it possible to use openstreet maps offline? I don't want the shapefiles
but would like to download the maps that look like the
Online/OSM_tiled_osmarender.

Is there a specific file type that I can download? I can't find a geo file,
just shape files. I have 600 gigabytes of storage, so I am not worried
about space, even though I only want a specific area. Do I need any
additional libraries or packages for xastir to work with offline Open
Street Maps?

Thanks, and sorry if this question has been asked. I am a beginner at this.

Skyler

--
Skyler Fennell
amsatnet.info