[Xastir] USB gps Receiver reccomended

Mike Miller lists at kc9doa.com
Sat May 9 11:26:46 EDT 2015

Take a look at the website.
<http://usglobalsat.com/s-122-bu-353-support.aspx>
They have drivers for Mac and Linux. I have a BU-353 and I got
it to work with the You Are Here app on a cheap Android tablet.
There is a pretty good chance it will work for you. I haven't
tried it with Xastir, which I have on Mint Maya and didn't find
too user friendly, but I'm a total linux noob. Maybe I'll try it
if I get time this weekend. The BU-353 got pretty good reviews
with UI-View32 for Windows. It uses a Prolific USB chip.

My other GPS puck is an old Garmin GPS-18 PC with a 9 pin serial
plug and a cigarette lighter plug for power.

73
Mike kc9doa