[Xastir] Openstreet maps offline?

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:30:10 EDT 2015

I am having a few issues with the automatic storage of the maps I use on
ubuntu, which I just installed on my mac off a boot disk. If I am viewing
an area and the internet connection is suddenly lost, all of the maps are
deleted when I go to an area I already was in.

I don't think that is very reliable, if I am in an internet zone, and the
internet suddenly leaves, rendering all my maps gone.

 I wish there was just an easy way to download maps in a particular area
that is very small with all zoom levels. I am only talking 50 miles by 10
mile grid here, nothing that will hog the servers.

electricity440 at gmail.com