[Xastir] Using Mapbox maps on Xastir

Hal Mueller hal at seanet.com
Tue May 12 23:30:44 EDT 2015

What’s the exact URL you’re passing? You need to keep the access token. And you might need to generate a new one, by hitting the tiler server via your Mapbox app first. This is peculiar to Mapbox (because they use a paid subscription model), but the tile scheme is the same.

If I try to open just
https://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/sparks.m5kmpi20/10/288/402@2x.png
in a browser that has never connected to Tour de Cure, I see
{"message":"Not Authorized - No Token"}

But if I open
https://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/sparks.m5kmpi20/10/288/402@2x.png?access_token=pk.eyJ1Ijoic3BhcmtzIiwiYSI6ImZoamk1dmMifQ.WS_WgruA82kmVWgZP_GgcQ
then I see an image tile.