[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 155, Issue 1

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Sun Nov 1 14:13:10 EST 2015

On 02/11/15 06:00, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:31:38 -0600
> From: km5vy Tom Russo<russo at bogodyn.org>
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion<xastir at xastir.org>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] libxp and Xastir
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 04:06:43PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the<russo at bogodyn.org>  flavor, containing:
>

>> >I can proceed two ways --
>> >   - wait for lots of folks to check the procedure above and see if it breaks
>> >     their build and report in that it does.  If nobody reports that it breaks,
>> >     check it in.
>> >   - check it in, and wait for the complaints when it breaks someone's build.
> I opted for the second choice, since most of what I've heard so far is
> "it works for me with this change."
>
> I left the check in comments, with a note about when it was commented out and
> why it was ever there.
>
> I'll wait a while before removing it completely.  My guess is that the broken
> behavior from 2007 is long gone in all recent versions of OSen, so it'll
> probably be safe to remove even the comments.
>
> -- Tom Russo KM5VY SAR502 DM64ux http://www.swcp.com/~russo/ Tijeras,
> NM QRPL#1592 K2#398 SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM echo
> "prpv_a'rfg_cnf_har_cvcr" | sed -e 's/_/ /g' | tr [a-m][n-z] [n-z][a-m]
Here we go again. Must be an OS thing. Re-name src/xastir, re-run of cvs
script gives a new one, no change. Onlines are there, but don't get the
maps. Weather Alert maps show as being loaded, but no others. This is
Kubuntu.
Raspi was the one with no onlines, re-doing that (s l o w   as   a w e
t   w e e k ! ) gives same result - no change, still no online maps.
Loads of warnings there of variables set but not used in gui / map
stuff, so I guess that's Jessie messing with libraries. Anyone else
using Pi's?

persisting...
Dex, ZL2DEX