[Xastir] Script to cache some maps

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:39:06 EST 2015

Well since nobody has a script that I can get to work, and I don't know too
much how to code, I am going to make a basic script which simulates the
arrow keys, and has a delay given by the user to Cache my maps. Crude, but
better than doing it by hand.

I don't see why nobody just puts together an easy script, or even builds it
in xastir to Download (not store it on the cache) the tile maps. If you are
worried about server stress, I am sure I have stressed the servers more
times than if I could have just downloaded it once, because each new
device/ xastir install I have to do the same thing.

I don't really get what maps I am supposed to use other than tile maps, it
is time consuming, and never really works right when I try to convert the
shape files from OSM, and tile maps are pretty much what everybody wants to
see in the 21st century.