[Xastir] build fails

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Wed Nov 18 13:13:47 EST 2015

On 19/11/15 06:00, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:49:25 -0800
> From: David Ranch<xastir at trinnet.net>
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion<xastir at xastir.org>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Kubuntu_and_  Raspberry Pi build fails
>

> Seems pretty obvious to me from the output.  Install GraphicsMagick and
> GraphicsMagick-devel (recommended over ImageMagick) and compile again.
>
> --David
> KI6ZHD
Thanks David

    ...but: no such packages in repo. As suspected, something has
changed in Jessie, and by inheritance in 15.10. There's a
libgraphicsmagick++1-dev, [and a ++3!] and synaptic wants to bring in
libgraphicsmagick++11 with it, but there's already a
libgraphicsmagick1-dev installed (as requested by the script) and that,
to my feeble brain, should have had the necessary bit/s, no?

hopeful...
Dex, ZL2DEX