[Xastir] build fails

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Wed Nov 18 14:06:12 EST 2015

>    ...but: no such packages in repo.

If you're indeed running Ubuntu 15.04, it's there:

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/graphicsmagick

> As suspected, something has changed in Jessie, and by inheritance in
> 15.10. There's a libgraphicsmagick++1-dev, [and a ++3!] and synaptic
> wants to bring in libgraphicsmagick++11 with it, but there's already a
> libgraphicsmagick1-dev installed (as requested by the script) and
> that, to my feeble brain, should have had the necessary bit/s, no?

It seems that Ubuntu has split out the C and C++ libraries into multiple
packages and http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/libgraphicsmagick++1-dev
looks to be ok.  Make sure you also install the main graphicsmagick
package too.

--David
KI6ZHD