[Xastir] Script to cache some maps

Fred Hillhouse Jr fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 18:10:55 EST 2015

If sitting under a tent (or in a Jeep) somewhere doing APRS, using vector
data is faster than loading a few tiles? And, does the speed matter that
much?

I am not asking just to be a smart donkey, just curious.

I used a 300MHz laptop that certainly wasn't fast by any account but tiles
loaded faster than I could drive over them and I wasn't waiting for and
grass to grow. Moving up to a slightly faster netbook and speed was still
not an issue. So I truly don't understand.

Doesn't RadioMobile use vector contour lines? I don't remember.

Fred N7FMH