[Xastir] Script to cache some maps

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:43:52 EST 2015

I can confirm this script works for downloading tiles. Like everyone else
said use caution -- tile policy. It looks like there  is no policy on the
Mapquest open maps, however, so you could download more of those.

Documentation
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Geo-OSM-Tiles/downloadosmtiles.pl

Download the script here and follow readme and install dependencies in perl
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Geo-OSM-Tiles/

Download the tiles, and then place them in ~/.xastir/OSMtiles/fosm

Once i can figure out how to get the stupid tile server working, I will be
using the script to grab tiles from my tile server and then I can save them
to my raspberry pi.

kd0whb