[Xastir] libxp and Xastir

km5vy Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Oct 29 17:53:46 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 02:41:04PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> > Please try the following:
> >  - edit configure.ac in the Xastir source tree, and find the following line:
> >    AC_CHECK_LIB([Xp], [XpGetDocumentData])
> >  - Comment out this line by adding "#" at the beginning
> >  - Run the "bootstrap.sh" script in the source directory
> >  - Try reconfiguring and building Xastir now
>
> Works on OpenSuSE-12.3, and that's by no means the latest version!
>
> Just another data-point.

Works on my BSD system, too.

It would be good to have a few other common systems report in.

If libXp were actually required by libXm, the problem reported back in 2007
would manifest itself as a link failure if one follows the steps above.  If
it links on all common systems, then we can remove the test and update the
Wiki system-specific build instructions to remove references to libxp packages.