[Xastir] Raspberry Pi

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 30 21:07:00 EDT 2015

Me again!

    I've been running xastir on a Raspberry Pi. I recently upgraded (?)
to raspbian Jessie ( from Wheezy), and it's giving me grief with the
build script. The script that worked flawlessly in Wheezy now finds the
Jessie repo OK, and the first error was libdb-dev (5.1 in the script,
now 5.3 in the repo). Taking the version number out cured that (as it
has in Kubuntu). It now comes back with:
    gpsman : Depends: tk but it is not going to be installed
    gpsmanshp : Depends: tcllib but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.

    OK, I don't use gps, I config static (I've run this 24/7 on my home
network and accessed it with KRDC on my Kubuntu machine - Low power! :)
) so the first (2?) are no problem for me - but they might be for others.
    The E: Error barfed it here - what's up with this? Probably a Noob
Linux thing?

Hopeful...
Dex, ZL2DEX