[Xastir] Raspberry Pi

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:20:26 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Dexter N Muir <dexy at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Me again!
>
>    I've been running xastir on a Raspberry Pi. I recently upgraded (?) to
> raspbian Jessie ( from Wheezy), and it's giving me grief with the build
> script. The script that worked flawlessly in Wheezy now finds the Jessie
> repo OK, and the first error was libdb-dev (5.1 in the script, now 5.3 in
> the repo). Taking the version number out cured that (as it has in Kubuntu).
> It now comes back with:
>    gpsman : Depends: tk but it is not going to be installed
>    gpsmanshp : Depends: tcllib but it is not going to be installed
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
> by held packages.
>
>    OK, I don't use gps, I config static (I've run this 24/7 on my home
> network and accessed it with KRDC on my Kubuntu machine - Low power! :) )
> so the first (2?) are no problem for me - but they might be for others.
>    The E: Error barfed it here - what's up with this? Probably a Noob
> Linux thing?

​
That sounds vaguely familiar.  I think I saw that over a year ago in Debian
Jessie.

​
​http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/raspbian-jessie-xastir-cvsbuild.sh

If you want to be a guinea pig, you can try the version at the link above.
This version doesn't bother with gpsman or gpsmanshp.  I doubt the typical
RPi user would ever need support for those.

BR,
Lee - K5DAT