[Xastir] Maps

W8EHH w8ehh1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:53:46 EDT 2015

Good Day ALL

I am using HTTP://download.geofabrik.de to get maps for use in an OFFLINE
mapping directory.  My  problem is the dbfawk files.  Non existent for those
maps,  At least I can't find any.  I have tried to follow the instructions
in the How To : DBFAWK file.  I have managed to get some color and road
names but no interstate ID's.  I don't do well when I get frustrated.  Hi
Hi.

So it would seem that these maps would be popular and since the 3 states I
have downloaded all use the ame names for the DB's.  I am hoping some one
out there has the DBFAWK files for roads, railway, waterways, pois etc.
That would be willing to zip up and send to me.  I just don't understand the
names in these files.  That is probably why I seem to get different colors
for the same type of roads.

Also can someone tell me where to place weather maps for when alerts our out
for your area.  I downloaded them from noao but dot know where to place
them.

Thanks in Advance for any and all help to relieve my frustrations.

Mike  W8EHH