[Xastir] Maps

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:04:40 EDT 2015

Regarding the NOAA weather alert maps, there's a script that gets
installed to /usr/local/share/xastir/scripts called "get-NWSdata"
which you can run as root on your box to snag them and install them.
It uses "wget" to fetch the files so you must have that installed.  We
periodically update that script so you probably want to run the latest
version of it so it snags the correct files.

This is the latest one:

http://xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xastir/xastir/scripts/get-NWSdata?revision=1.48&view=markup&sortby=date

I can't help on the other maps 'cuz I haven't downloaded or used
those.  Others are better at hacking dbfawk files than I, although I
have done a few for myself.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM, W8EHH <w8ehh1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Day ALL
>

> I am using HTTP://download.geofabrik.de to get maps for use in an OFFLINE
> mapping directory.  My  problem is the dbfawk files.  Non existent for those
> maps,  At least I can't find any.  I have tried to follow the instructions
> in the How To : DBFAWK file.  I have managed to get some color and road
> names but no interstate ID's.  I don't do well when I get frustrated.  Hi
> Hi.
>

> So it would seem that these maps would be popular and since the 3 states I
> have downloaded all use the ame names for the DB's.  I am hoping some one
> out there has the DBFAWK files for roads, railway, waterways, pois etc.
> That would be willing to zip up and send to me.  I just don't understand the
> names in these files.  That is probably why I seem to get different colors
> for the same type of roads.
>

> Also can someone tell me where to place weather maps for when alerts our out
> for your area.  I downloaded them from noao but dot know where to place
> them.
>

> Thanks in Advance for any and all help to relieve my frustrations.
>

> Mike  W8EHH

Curt, WE7U