[Xastir] Raspberry PI B, Rasbian Jessie, and Xastir = 100% cpu

davidf4 davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 17 20:27:36 GMT 2016

Well..I've given up on having Xastir running on my poor little PI B...even
with the very latest CVS patches it goes into 100% CPU use trying to display
just Western Wa...in fact, the preliminary patch from Ken worked better than
the latest one...

I'm guessing that the latest updates to the Borg that is SystemD and some of
the font patches along with Xastir just isn't a good mix..

So I'm resurrecting an old Dell 7000 (Pent I, 366 Mhz with just over 300 G
RAM) using Gentoo so I can avoid SystemD...that should give me an always-on
system that doesn't generate too much heat for a home Xastir display..

Dave
KD7MYC