[Xastir] Raspberry PI B, Rasbian Jessie, and Xastir = 100% cpu

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Sun Apr 17 21:40:43 GMT 2016

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:27:36 PM PDT davidf4 wrote:
> Well..I've given up on having Xastir running on my poor little PI B...even
> with the very latest CVS patches it goes into 100% CPU use trying to display
> just Western Wa...in fact, the preliminary patch from Ken worked better
> than the latest one...

David,
Does it use 100% even if only a few stations are displayed?   There are a few
more calculations being done with the font changes but it should depend on the
number of actual items being displayed.

There was one other change that comes to mind that may increase the load, but
Curt submitted it some time before my changes.  That was a change to refresh
the screen more often.   We didn't notice any increase in load but then again
it wasn't being tested on a PiB either.  I don't have a PiB to test with
anymore or I'd give it a try and the Pi2 is so much better it wouldn't tell us
much.

If you like I can send you a file without the refresh changes to try.  I'm
more suspicious of that change than the font ones, simply due to the fact the
font stuff should be dependent on number of text objects displayed,  but the
refresh change involves the whole screen.