[Xastir] New features

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Fri Apr 22 19:55:05 GMT 2016

Yeah, I know.  Some will think the floodgates have opened but a couple of new
features have been checked in.

Station Text selection now has a new option 'DropShadow'.   Why?  Because it
kind of fell out of the text resizing work and I thought it looked good.
Don't like it?  Don't select it.

Station - Filter Data:
	Select Aircraft Objects/Items
	Select Vessel Objects/Items
They both default to on so we get the exact behavior we've always had.

File - Configure - Timing:
	Aircraft Ghost/Clear Time in minutes
Being near a major airport and harbor as I am it doesn't take much use of
Curt's ais and adb-s perl scripts to completely fill the screen with tracks of
aircraft and ships.   I've had the screen look like a racetrack with all the
planes taking off and landing at SeaTac over a one hour period.  Even the
lowest value of the Station Clear Time is too long so I took advantage of the
existing space to add another slider.  It selects the time at which aircraft
symbols will ghost so the text doesn't clutter the screen.   It also affects
the time at which the ghosted symbols and tracks will be cleared.  Set the
Aircraft ghost time to 5 minutes and the clear time will be 25 minutes
(Aircraft Ghost Time * 5).
- Note:   This slider does not effect the ghost/clear times of anything other
than the aircraft symbols.   Set it to 0 and it doesn't even do that.  The
default is 0 so it doesn't affect what everyone is used to.

Plus there were a couple of tweaks to the scripts by Curt to handle some
corner case error conditions and I added decoding of the AIS type 4 and 21
messages to ais.pl

Check it out,  have fun,  any bugs etc....   You know the drill.
--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
"I have now exceeded my BFS (Budget For Stupid) for the month" - Me to  WE7U