[Xastir] Raspberry PI B ...

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Wed Apr 20 11:55:33 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:31:21 AM PDT David Flood wrote:
> I was running a box stock configuration but just for fun I dropped the GPU
> memory down to minimum, overlocked to 900 MHz, unplugged the external USB
> drive that isn't used by Raspian (I dual boot on a 64G card between Raspian
> and Gentoo, trying to get rid of SystemD), and rebooted.
>
> Within 15 minutes of launching it was back at 100% and stuck there...
>
> Ken, I know that you have some test files.  I can probably find time to play
> with them if you'll send them.  As an alternative I could loan you the PI
> at next week's Brunch (I know this week is FEST)...

I'll send some out later today.   With the nice weather I've been spending
time doing yard work getting the deck and bbq ready. :-)

I have had time to run some tests on my Rpi-2 and while it is a quad core and
faster than the B it looks lilke xastir is only running on one core anyway.
I'm seeing about 10-12% cpu,  zoomed out with 600-700 stations on screen.  I
get the occasional higher burst when changing map scales.  This is on an Rpi-2
using X over an SSH connection.  Using the local video would certainly be
different, but I would think it's more of a load using the remote X session.

And as Curt pointed out,  I'm much closer than  I used to be.  You can find me
on xastir (http://xastir.org) but we can hook up at one of the breakfasts if
we don't solve it here.

Also, don't forget I'm also often sitting in the wetnet xmpp conference.
--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
"I have now exceeded my BFS (Budget For Stupid) for the month" - Me to  WE7U