[Xastir] New features

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Apr 23 12:20:47 GMT 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 11:06:42AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n7ipb at wetnet.net> flavor, containing:
> A heads up for those testing the latest.
> Bug #1,
> Wherever a degree symbol is supposed to be printed it shows as multiple
> extended characters.  (station config, weather)
> I'm not sure how this happened but the checked in main.c and draw_symbols.c
> files had the degree symbol changed.  On my system changing it back ends up
> displaying two characters.   It's all unicode related.

Hah.  Funny, I was just opening the mail program to complain about this very
thing.

I find that all the settings of "temp_course" in db.c were changed by your
last commit to that, and they all replaced the degree character that was there
with a unicode version --- and now it displays wrong.

In a standard en-us (not UTF-8) window, the old code had "<B0>", and now it has <EF><BF><BD>"

I tried inserting the UTF-8 degree symbol as a composit character, but now it
shows up as <C2><B0> instead of just <B0> like it had always been.  And *THAT*
shows up as the Angstrom symbol followed by the degree symbol in the map
window.

I found, however, that replacing all of those direct-entered special characters
with "\xB0" returned function to normal.

I can fix it in cvs that way if you'd like.  Or you can.

The change from the <B0> character to the triple <EF><BF><BD> happened in
every file where those characters appeared.  Are you running an editor that
is "fixing" characters for you automatically?  A change like that shouldn't
be happening unbidden.