[Xastir] Pi 3 as tile server?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:01:14 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Freddie <fmhillhouse at comcast.net> wrote:

> Why not just load to tiles on your hard drive?

well, if you look at what I said

take xastir offline, and do it in a way that I can load up three or four
> states worth of maps and not plug the box back up to the internet for a
> year.

and then do some math on how much disk space that that many tiles would
take up, you's see I would need at least half a 42U rack for the SAN and a
diesel generator to power it - not really all that portable...

and it's definitely a bit much for the SD card i'm trying to use.

-Jason
kg4wsv