[Xastir] Pi 3 as tile server?

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:03:26 PDT 2016

Apologies I wasnt able to reply earlier.

You can use mapproxy to pre-cache tiles from any WMS or TMS and then
serve them back from the cache when offline.

Also, Im curious how much effort it would be to support real vector
tiles (as in MapBox Vector Tile format). My company has been working
on a new golang based vector tile server and this runs on an RPi
without much trouble. http://github.com/terranodo/tegola ... You would
still need a solution like mapproxy for raster tiles.

Happy to jump in an IRC chat to discuss further.