[Xastir] Pi 3 as tile server?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Aug 2 12:48:58 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I (we?) will eventually have to figure out a good way to take advantage of
> the OSM stuff - shapefile conversion, portable tiles server, or whatever -
> since that's the direction all of the available data seems to be headed.

This thread got me Googling and I ended up here:
http://osm2vectortiles.org/docs/start/

osm2vectortiles is an interesting project. Looks like you should be
able to get a relatively small vector map for your area, render it
with Mapnik, and serve it to Xastir. If you try this on RPi, let me
know how it performs.

Tom KD7LXL