[Xastir] New user to xastir program

Russell Blair nc5opsk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 14:45:41 PDT 2016

Well David, What I was doing on my Windows 7, Cross County Wireless
(CCW) APRS Messager it would APRS signal from HF ( PSK 63-MFSK 16 and
others) and with the program it would send it to the internet. Also I
was doing ProPNet on the HF as well....Messager has it TNC , Now along
with messager I was using UZ7HO program for AX25 in the same way, and
when Message would tx, so would UZ7HO would to, using Kiss port 4000
between the two.

Now that I can get messager to run wine, but I can get UZ7HO to work in
wine to 300 buad on HF.  ? will xastir key the Radio using vox.. and do
APRS Beacon using my location and then,  I have other question about
Mint18 because I am a newbie on this OS, S I can use all the help I can get.

All of my APRS and ProPNet work has been on the HF bands mostly on 30m.

Thanks  Daivd

Russell NC5O

On 8/6/2016 3:58 PM, David Ranch wrote:

> Hello Russell,
>
> It all depends on how you intend to use Xastir:
>
>   - Connected to a radio listening to 144.390 (RF) or just an Internet
> connection
>   - If RF, what kind of TNC are you going to use (hardware TNC or a
> software TNC)
>   - If a hardware TNC, are you going to run it in command mode or KISS
> mode
>
> There is lots of flexibility here so you're going to need to read some
> of the documentation:
>
>    http://xastir.sourceforge.net/docs.php   (currently pointing to the
> Sourceforge CVS docs.. needs to goto the Github git version some day)
>      - see the install guide and the FAQ
>
> I also have a write up here for using with a Kenwood D710 TNC in KISS
> mode with native Linux AX.25 support:
>    -
> http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#19b4.xastir-running
>
> --David
> KI6ZHD
>

> On 08/06/2016 09:43 AM, Russell Blair wrote:
>> I just loaded this software in Mint 18 and it loader fine now I need
>> to config it to show me other station that are moving around on the
>> map. My ham call is NC5O and in Texas, all that was put in the
>> config, or maybe I need to ask if the program can show other stations
>> moving. ?
>>

>> Russell NC5O

'In God We Trust, God is not Dead he Lives' Will be on every e-mail I
send out from now on because, I don't want to lose our right to say it!.