[Xastir] New Online Maps in Git (Canada & U.S.)

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Aug 18 10:57:17 PDT 2016

Well, there go any theories I might have had.  If your source is current,
you've bootstrapped, reconfigured, rebuilt, and reinstalled, all of those
files should have been installed with it.  If it's not throwing errors at
"make install" time, then I am out of ideas for where to look.

As far as it being strange that the .geos are at the top level, I, too,
find that odd.   But back in the day when we still had radar WMS geos and such,
that's where they'd been put.  Curt just followed the old pattern.

With CVS, it is a royal pain to move files around once they're created --- you
can cvs remove and cvs add them again, but that loses all the history.  So
there is a strong tendency with CVS not to reorganize files.  It's not the
case with git, so there's no real impediment to reorganization.

Once we figure out why it is that some folks can't get 'em installed, we
could "git mv" them to a different directory and update the build system
accordingly.  But let's first figure out what's wrong with the current
picture.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:47:24AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <xastir at trinnet.net> flavor, containing:

> Hello Tom,
>
> >>   - do the files
> >>
> >>    Aerial.geo              Regional.geo            Topo1-10.geo
> >>    Contours.geo            ShadedRelief.geo        TopoRelief1-7.geo
> >>    Hydrography.geo         Sub_national.geo        Transportation.geo
> >>    National.geo            Sub_regional.geo
> >>
> >>    exist in your Xastir source tree at the top level?
>
> Yup.. they are there:
>
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/xastir-git$ find . | grep -e National.geo -e
> Aerial.geo -e Regional.geo -e Topo1-10.geo -e Contours.geo -e
> ShadedRelief.geo -e TopoRelief1-7.geo -e Hydrography.geo -e
> Sub_national.geo -e Transportation.geo
> --
> ./TopoRelief1-7.geo
> ./Sub_national.geo
> ./National.geo
> ./Transportation.geo
> ./Contours.geo
> ./Aerial.geo
> ./Topo1-10.geo
> ./Regional.geo
> ./Hydrography.geo
> ./ShadedRelief.geo
> --
>
> Btw, to me, it's strange that these .geo files are in the root of the
> source tree