[Xastir] New Online Maps in Git (Canada & U.S.)

km5vy Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Aug 18 11:35:45 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:06:08AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>

> > Well, there go any theories I might have had.  If your source is current,
> > you've bootstrapped, reconfigured, rebuilt, and reinstalled, all of those
> > files should have been installed with it.  If it's not throwing errors at
> > "make install" time, then I am out of ideas for where to look.
> >

> I didn't go back and check every detail: Do you have wget or libcurl
> support, as well as either GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick support compiled
> into Xastir? Without one of the first two, Xastir can't fetch them. Without
> one of the latter two, Xastir can't display them. Maybe it won't index them
> either if it can't display them, can't recall for sure but it makes sense.

Just scanned the code quickly.  Looks like it is the case that indexing
will fail if the libraries needed to display aren't there.  That's because
the code that would do the job is ifdef'd out.

So, question:

Does /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/nationalmap.gov exist?  Are the
.geos in that directory?

If so, then Curt may have hit the nail on the head, and your build is
missing something that display of these files requires.  If not, then we still
have to figure out why the build system isn't getting them installed.