[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 317, Issue 1

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 23 16:44:53 PDT 2016

On 24/08/16 07:00, Liz wrote:
> My first guess is that you have not edited /etc/apt/sources
> This file contains a list of repositories from which you retrieve your
> basic programs like the build-essential set.
> Happy to converse by private mail if requested
>
> Liz
> VK2XSE
Thanks Liz.

    Tried taking (commenting) the CDROM out of the list, then sudo apt
update got me this:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource
temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is
another process using it?

I can use ps -A to give me the process number to kill as long as I know
which app is stalled, but it's too cryptic for me to determine what the
holdup is likely to be - where to now?

73,
Dex, ZL2DEX