[Xastir] Installing Xastir on Raspberry Pi Model 2B

Max Harper kg4pid at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 11:22:26 PST 2016

 I'm attempting to install xastir on a Raspberry Pi model 2B with the latest version of Jessie dated 11/25/16. I'm following the instructions found here http://xastir.org/index.php/Notes:Gitand immediately run into a problem.
The git clone runs and downs loads the files but the first command
./bootstrap.sh
    7) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    6) Running aclocal...
./bootstrap.sh: 15: ./bootstrap.sh: aclocal: not found
    5) Running autoheader...
./bootstrap.sh: 18: ./bootstrap.sh: autoheader: not found
    4) Running autoconf...
./bootstrap.sh: 21: ./bootstrap.sh: autoconf: not found
    3) Running automake...
./bootstrap.sh: 25: ./bootstrap.sh: automake: not found
    2) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Not Found
       Attempting to copy it from system directories'
***ERROR: Couldn't copy the file***
    1) Generating derived language files.....
Bootstrap complete.
I went ahead and created the build directory and changed to it but the command ../configurecan't run because there is no file by that name in the Xastir directory. There is however a configure.ac file but I don't have a clue what to do.Are these instructions valid for Jessie on the Pi?
Any help would be appreciated.
Max KG4PID