[Xastir] length of serial port fields

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:17:05 EST 2016

I've started using device special file names that look like

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AD025GYZ-if00-port0

because they're unique no matter where i plug them in, and it's a result of
standard udev rules.  (once upon a time I started writing some udev rules
to make them look like OS X, but it isn't worth it because I use too many
different systems and i may not have root privs to hack at udev).

I just tried to do this with xastir for the first time, and it seems the
field isn't big enough.

can i stick a long name in the config file and expect it to work?

Consider this a change request to make the field larger to accommodate
these forms of device special file name.

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv