[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:46:05 EST 2016

> On Feb 18, 2016, at 7:40 PM, Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> You using APRS, NMEA trackers or a combination of both for rockets?

Both.

I've got APRS on one, custom job with an opentracker radio shield and a barometric pressure sensor for altitude.

I've got a handful of xbee trackers of my own design, functionally identical to the eggfinder tracks but using 900Mhz xbee radios (NMEA transmitter).

I've got a new version of the xbee tracker that has a microcontroller that feeds APRS sentences over xbee, time slotted and everything. Right now it's a prototype running on a sandwich board that fits in the xbee's socket and accepts the xbee in turn. I'm going to try and get that one in the air this weekend. I'm holding out for the new ATmega with 2 UARTS before I redesign my tracker board. Since better is not only the enemy of good enough but the enemy of my project completion rate, I'll probably end up trying to feature creep a baro sensor on it, too.

The beaglebone has an xbee radio, a software digipeater, and xastir on a 7" touchscreen. I still need to get a TNC/radio attached so I can gate xbee traffic to RF and pick it up on the D72.

-j