[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:16:18 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> I added a new script today called "ads-b.pl". It must be edited to add
> your
> callsign and passcode to actually use it. Perhaps I or someone else will
> turn those into command-line options soon so you don't have to edit it.
>
> ​I see someone (WE7U?) has already changed it so callsign and passcode are
command line arguments.  Also if they are not entered the user is prompted
for them - nice.​

I guess if the intent was to beat it to death the script could pull the
callsign from ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf and run callpass to get the
passcode.  :-)​   That wouldn't work, though, if the intent is for the user
to apply a different SSID than what is used by the running instance of
Xastir.

 ----
​ <snip> ---

Lee - K5DAT