[Xastir] recommendations for digi / network tools

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:29:11 EST 2016

I'm working on a tracking system that's only partly APRS based, but
converts to APRS as that's where most of my tracking gear/experience
exists.  I'm looking for digipeating capability with >2 channels, and the
ability to network (e.g. tcp or up data sources, remote connection to
xastir, etc).

Any recommendations for some network capable digi / igate / etc software
that will run on a beagle bone and do this?

I'm sort of leaning toward a fairly dumb script setup since that's easy and
I have N  channels that are RX-only and an APRS frequency that could be TX
only.  I would like to get xastir plugged in here somewhere, preferably
with TX/RX capability and without using another radio. (the easy solution
is throwing a bunch of hrware at the problem, but i don't have a dozen APRS
rigs).

The basic system is a serial data stream that has APRS data (text format,
not true ax.25 therefore not KISS capable).  There are one or more of these
receivers as well as an APRS radio (Kenwood D700) to gateway to APRS-RF
(non-144.39 channel).

-Jason
kg4wsv