[Xastir] recommendations for digi / network tools (Jason KG4WSV)

lleachii at aol.com lleachii at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 13:44:20 EST 2016

Jason,

I'm not sure if you're asking for hardware, software, or configuration recommendations.

- What in what digital format/syntax is the original data generated/acquired in?

- Are you asking is there's middleware already in existence that can convert it to Xastir-readable data (e.g. APRS)?

- You asked for: "Any recommendations for some network capable digi / igate / etc software that will run on a beagle bone and do this?" - XASTIR (as long as it meets memory/CPU thresholds).

- Explain the exact type of network capability you are trying to have, Xastir is capable of things like iGating, etc; but you didn't describe what you want to do with remote access. Your solution may be as simple as enabling VNC desktop sharing or SSH console access.

- You mentioned that you don't have a lot of rigs; but want >2 channels...I'm not sure how this works into your design, how many rigs do you have?

- Your last paragraph mentions that one rig is a Kenwood D700...this devices talk in APRS, describe the software/hardware that will have non-standard tracking data, format of the data, etc.

73,

KB3VWG