[Xastir] Raspbian and Kubuntu builds - JOY!

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 12 02:56:17 EST 2016

On 12/01/16 06:00, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:49:10 -0500
> From: Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com>
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
> Subject: [Xastir] Xastir build scripts
>
> http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/xastir.html
>
> New (and a few old) scripts for downloading and building the most current
> version of Xastir are posted and available via the link above.  OS's
> supported are as follows:
>
> Ubuntu 15.10 (and older)
> Debian 8.x (Jessie)
> Debian 6.x (Squeeze)
>
> Raspbian - both the original Wheezy based version and the newer Jessie
> based version.
>
> The best way to get the latest version of Xastir including the most recent
> bug fixes and features is to download the source code from CVS and compile
> it.  The scripts make it easier to do that, and they also speed up the
> process.
>
> Note: the script for the Debian Jessie based version of Raspian has not
> been tested, so I would appreciate feedback on it.

My feedback, Lee: IT'S A GOER! In fact, my original woes have all been
laid to rest: both Raspbian Jessie and Kubuntu 15.10 build and run
xastir 2.0.7 from CVS by those scripts, with full graphics and OSMs.
Going further, Debian 8 (Jessie) does too. Haven't tested for
backwards-compatibility though, so a report on recent build with new
scripts on older (Wheezy, <=15.04) systems might be worthwhile.

Thanks heaps - and to all.
73
Dex, ZL2DEX