[Xastir] Raspbian and Kubuntu builds - JOY!

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:56:13 EST 2016

On Jan 12, 2016 2:58 AM, "Dexter N Muir" <dexy at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> On 12/01/16 06:00, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:49:10 -0500
>> From: Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com>
>> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
>> Subject: [Xastir] Xastir build scripts
>>
>> http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/xastir.html
>>
>> New (and a few old) scripts for downloading and building the most current
>> version of Xastir are posted and available via the link above.  OS's
>> supported are as follows:
>>
>> Ubuntu 15.10 (and older)
>> Debian 8.x (Jessie)
>> Debian 6.x (Squeeze)
>>
>> Raspbian - both the original Wheezy based version and the newer Jessie
>> based version.
>>
>> The best way to get the latest version of Xastir including the most
recent
>> bug fixes and features is to download the source code from CVS and
compile
>> it.  The scripts make it easier to do that, and they also speed up the
>> process.
>>
>> Note: the script for the Debian Jessie based version of Raspian has not
>> been tested, so I would appreciate feedback on it.
>

> My feedback, Lee: IT'S A GOER! In fact, my original woes have all been
laid to rest: both Raspbian Jessie and Kubuntu 15.10 build and run xastir
2.0.7 from CVS by those scripts, with full graphics and OSMs. Going
further, Debian 8 (Jessie) does too. Haven't tested for
backwards-compatibility though, so a report on recent build with new
scripts on older (Wheezy, <=15.04) systems might be worthwhile.

Thanks for the report!  Once the graphicsmagick/webp issue was identified
it was relatively easy to get the scripts updated.  Given Wheezy is "older
than stable", I probably won't bother with it.

Lee - K5DAT