[Xastir] Maps?

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 15:22:07 PDT 2016

With regards to this latest digest note from Curt, is there a wiki entry
somewhere dealing with making / modifying dbfawk files?
I still have my Tigerline maps from 200x vintage for all 254 counties in
Texas.  I recall having to make a few changes some time ago, but I've
slept since then.  ;-)

Dale.
KG5LT

> Message: 7 Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:37:32 -0700 From: Curt Mills
> <curt.we7u at gmail.com> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion
> <xastir at lists.xastir.org> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Maps? Message-ID:
> <CAKDpQX=UGRKSik3QmyyEKmf0CkpGDmk6dOVELLcNdoCvVcu3QA at mail.gmail.com>
> reading it looks like the Tigermaps from 2007 to 2015 are all the same
> format, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the
> case, the 2015 ones should work fine in Xastir: 2008 was the last
> format we integrated in with dbfawk files. Of course one of the things
> map providers tend to do is change the signature on the DBF files. If
> they've done that, then you have to create new dbfawk files to go with
> them to do the mapping for Xastir. On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM,
> Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here's one place it appears you can get OSM Shapefile extracts:
>>
>>      http://download.geofabrik.de/
>>
>> Again, you most likely will have to create dbfawk files to go with them.
>> It's not terribly difficult.
snip...