[Xastir] Maps?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:26:34 PDT 2016

http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:DBFAWK

I looked at the geofabrik.de files a bit for WA. There don't appear to be
land-mass layer or lake layers, but otherwise they look good. I have roads
and water layers displaying already but the dbfawk's could use more work.
Will see if I can get the initial very-rough dbfawk's checked in so others
can play with them.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Dale Seaburg <kg5lt at verizon.net> wrote:

> With regards to this latest digest note from Curt, is there a wiki entry
> somewhere dealing with making / modifying dbfawk files?
> I still have my Tigerline maps from 200x vintage for all 254 counties in
> Texas.  I recall having to make a few changes some time ago, but I've slept
> since then.  ;-)
>
> Dale.
> KG5LT
>
> Message: 7 Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:37:32 -0700 From: Curt Mills <
>> curt.we7u at gmail.com> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <
>> xastir at lists.xastir.org> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Maps? Message-ID:
>> <CAKDpQX=UGRKSik3QmyyEKmf0CkpGDmk6dOVELLcNdoCvVcu3QA at mail.gmail.com>
>> reading it looks like the Tigermaps from 2007 to 2015 are all the same
>> format, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, the
>> 2015 ones should work fine in Xastir: 2008 was the last format we
>> integrated in with dbfawk files. Of course one of the things map providers
>> tend to do is change the signature on the DBF files. If they've done that,
>> then you have to create new dbfawk files to go with them to do the mapping
>> for Xastir. On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Curt Mills <
>> curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here's one place it appears you can get OSM Shapefile extracts:
>>>
>>>      http://download.geofabrik.de/
>>>
>>> Again, you most likely will have to create dbfawk files to go with them.
>>> It's not terribly difficult.
>>>
>> snip...

Curt, WE7U
http://we7u.wetnet.net