[Xastir] Xastir sound files missing..

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jul 16 17:25:01 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 04:58:24PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <xastir at trinnet.net> flavor, containing:
> Thanks Dave!
>
> I have the files now!   Curt, Tom:  If I was to create a "git pull
> request" including these files, where would you like them placed? Maybe in:
>
>     /sounds ?
>     /src/sounds ?

Those files have always been a separate zipfile on sourceforge, and have
never been in CVS.

I am thinking a separate git project associated with the Xastir organization
is the right approach.

>     play formats: can't open input file
> `/usr/share/xastir/sounds//usr/share/sounds/KDE-Im-Sms.ogg': No such
> file or directory

Paths in Xastir are *always* relative to the Xastir share directory.  You
can't specify absolute paths in any of Xastir's config (maps, symbols, sounds,
etc.)

The behavior you describe is what's expected.  Put your sounds files in
/usr/share/xastir/sounds, and then tell Xastir what file you want played
in the Audio Alarms config --- using just the file name, not the full path.