[Xastir] distance / bearing configuration option non-operational?

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sat Jul 16 18:01:41 PDT 2016

One more question for the group . if I enable or disable the File -->
Configure --> Dist/Bearing status item, it doesn't change anything on my
display.  It doesn't for me even after restarting Xastir.  Is this
normal?  The
"enable english units" option works fine.

Personally for me, the distance is kinda nice but I can care less about
the bearing.  For example on K6OJ-7, I'm seeing:

    3.8mi        jogger      121ft
    304 degree   symbol      K6OJ-7
    2 min                   295 degree

Would be nice if this could be more configurable and maybe just show the
following which would lend Xastir's display to being a bit less cluttered:

    jogger      K6OJ-7
symbol     3.8mi
               2 min

or maybe just