[Xastir] I'm back.. and I'm lost.

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 06:38:27 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 11:36 PM, Steve Huston <huston at srhuston.net> wrote:

> Been off the air with APRS for about five years (antenna reached out
> and touched by a maple, which got trimmed back today and then new
> hardware put up on the house).  I looked on xastir.org and saw that
> compiling is probably the best way to go to get running again, but
> wasn't sure which version to grab.  On a whim I looked in macports and
> was able to build 2.0.4 easily, which I now have running to at least
> prove things are working.
>
> Where should I be grabbing the latest (and/or stable) source to
> compile?  I see mention from Tom earlier in the month that 2.1.0 is
> the current stable, but I don't see a tag for that when I'm looking at
> the CVS tree, in fact if I choose the stable tag everything looks to
> be three years old.  Or is 2.0.4 not too bad, and I should be fine
> with it?
>
> Sorry to be an old noob... maybe now that I've got something in the
> air for APRS again I'll pay more attention to this list I've been
> subscribed to for years :D

http://xastir.org/index.php/Notes:CVS

I always use the following two commands to grab the latest version after
creating the .cvsrc​ file as explained in the notes at the link above.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir login

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir co xastir

I don't have a Mac, so I'm not sure what the best method is for retrieving
dependent packages.

​Lee - K5DAT​