[Xastir] Time for another official Xastir release?

Iain R. Learmonth iain at learmonth.me
Tue Jun 28 16:47:44 PDT 2016

Hi,

On 27/06/16 21:41, David A Aitcheson wrote:
> Once the decision is made I need to know so I can nudge the correct
> people to start the ball rolling at the Debian level and also alert the
> Ubuntu folks to start watching Debian and have it auto-magically roll
> downhill into Ubuntu and the cousins (Mint, Puppy, Etc.).  Someone else
> would need to do the same with the Fedora chain to keep the various
> worlds in sync.

I am on this list. If there's a release, it'll be packaged in Debian
unstable within a week, available in testing 5 days later. If people ask
nicely, it'll be in jessie-backports shortly after that.

> The 2.0.6-5 package is in place to satiate the "Jasper Bug" that had
> Xastir on the "Debian Euthanasia list" as I saw things at the time until
> I made some noise.

Yes, the 2.0.6-5 release is a packaging fix, not a new upstream version.
We have packaged 2.0.6 as it was released and unless someone tells me
that there's a new milestone reached and it should be packaged, I won't
know to package it. The traditional way to do this would be by making a
release.

Thanks,
Iain.