[Xastir] 'Server Ports' addressing issue

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:28:38 EDT 2016

Ok, so you're talking about the server ports Xastir provides, not the
server ports Xastir connects to for INET feeds, correct?

Those were originally created so that one or more Xastir's could be
connected to another Xastir instance on a local LAN. One Xastir could have
an RF or INET feed, the others could be connected to that one Xastir which
had the extra connectivity.

Can you send me a description of the scenario where you're seeing these,
and 2 or 3 example packets you get off the 2024 port that are problematic?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Eric Christensen <eric at christensenplace.us>
wrote:

> I was experimenting with the server ports functionality in Xastir a
> couple of weeks ago and I found a potential bug.
>
> Packets that leave the network-connected device appear to be third-party
> packets and, thus, are not relayed to the Internet.  I wonder if this
> can changed so that the packets just appear to have been relayed (in the
> unproto path) by the core station?
>
> 73,
> Eric WG3K

Curt, WE7U