[Xastir] ADS-B (planes)

Tim Billingsley kd5ckp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:57:14 EDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The thing on my wish list is a map database that is "download and dump"
> and one is ready to go withoff line use on Xastir.  Personally, I have some
> of the old Tiger and Cloudmade maps but a simplemap database that new,
> inexperienced users could figure out and just "load and go" would have the
> potential to add to the program popularity.

AMEN!!

I gave up trying to use the maps years ago, because no matter what I read
or what anyone told me to try it never worked so I just ran it for a long
time as a digipeater/Igate. It isn't running as much of anything recently
because something happened to my TNC and since chemo I have not felt like
messing with it, but YES ... simple point and click access to maps would be
AWESOME. Downloadable even more so.

Sorry .... my 2 bits.  Crawling back under my rock.

73