[Xastir] tactical call signs

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:17:49 EDT 2016

Just another note about this: It is more reliable to NOT have the APRS
mobiles/portables change ANYTHING in their normal day-to-day settings to
set up for a special event. If you ask them to, some percentage of them
won't work properly for the event.

So the idea is to set a tactical callsign in Xastir or other APRS program
and leave those mobiles/portables alone. Xastir will transmit the tactical
callsigns over the air or through the internet to other Xastir stations,
and that same tactical callsign will appear on all screens. I believe we
are compatible with APRS+SA, and perhaps other APRS programs with respect
to tactical callsign as well.

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u
http://www.sarguydigital.com