[Xastir] tactical call signs

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:10:47 EDT 2016

I will second the warning about overly generic names. It doesn't even need
the internet to be a problem. I was the APRS operator for an MS150 Bike
Ride when one of our SAGs started appearing about 50-60 miles west of our
route. Odd, but not far enough out to be impossible if a driver got lost
enough(*). I was probably receiving it over internet, but it was well
within my ALOHA circle. It turns out there was another event using SAGs
with APRS. Next year we added two more characters to our SSIDs.

- Jason
(*) - A few years before as a SAG communicator I had to call net control to
ask where we were. So it could happen :-)