[Xastir] droid fonts

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:39:06 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Ken Koster <n7ipb at wetnet.net> wrote:

> Since I've been mucking with xastir fonts I thought I'd give my suggestion
> for a good one to
> use for station and menu text.  I have no idea if this is available on
> every distro but it is on
> openSUSE.
>
> Menu's:
> -*-droid sans mono-*-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> Station Font
> -*-droid sans mono-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Resurrecting an old thread, now that I've gotten around to looking at this.

I've installed these fonts on CentOS 6 and on raspbian, but have had no
luck getting them to display with xastir, xterm or xfontsel.  On both
systems, these are truetype fonts.

Any clues on how to make these available to xastir?

-Jason
kg4wsv