[Xastir] droid fonts

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Wed Sep 7 09:21:21 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:39:06 AM PDT Jason KG4WSV wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Ken Koster <n7ipb at wetnet.net> wrote:
> > Since I've been mucking with xastir fonts I thought I'd give my suggestion
> > for a good one to
> > use for station and menu text.  I have no idea if this is available on
> > every distro but it is on
> > openSUSE.
> >
> > Menu's:
> > -*-droid sans mono-*-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
> >
> > Station Font
> > -*-droid sans mono-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> Resurrecting an old thread, now that I've gotten around to looking at this.
>
> I've installed these fonts on CentOS 6 and on raspbian, but have had no
> luck getting them to display with xastir, xterm or xfontsel.  On both
> systems, these are truetype fonts.
>
> Any clues on how to make these available to xastir?

I would expect that if you installed the fonts with the package manager they
should just show up.  In my distro (OpenSUSE) they're already installed as
part of the basic system.

Xastir pulls the fonts from the underlying X system so if it's aware of them
Xastir should show them with xfontsel.

Not being a CentOS user and never having added fonts to raspian I don't know
for sure how to add them manually but a little googling got me this.

For Centos:
https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-x-fonts.html

For debian (and presumably raspian)
https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts

I hope that helps
--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“The best conversation I had was over forty million years ago…. And that was
with a coffee machine.”